You are here
Get Help Now
If you or someone you know has recently experienced any type of sexual violence, 包括性侵犯, dating violence, 家庭暴力, stalking, 或者性骚扰, the first step is to get to a safe place and seek help.
If you are not sure if you want to report to the College and/or local law enforcement, 可利用机密资源.
The following resources provide a confidential space for students to discuss their options and receive information about campus and community resources. Confidential resources will not report the information you share, even in a court of law. However, 在开始谈话之前, you can always ask a confidential resource (even hypothetically speaking) what information they might need to share and under what circumstances.
校园保密资源: 咨询服务 are available for students who wish to speak with a confidential resource. To schedule an appointment or for more information, please visit the department’s website at http://8ynn0i2.jcedwardsphotography.com/counseling
校外保密资源: Please note the following resources are not affiliated with 立博体育登录, but each are local and may be helpful to you or someone you know:
Provides free, community-based services for those experiencing Domestic Violence. 24小时热线服务.
Provides free and confidential services to victims and survivors of 家庭暴力 and sexual assault. 24小时热线服务.
Provides free, confidential support and services to survivors of sexual violence ages 12 and up, 还有他们的家人和朋友. 24小时热线服务.
R.I.A. (Ready Inspire Act)
Provides support and services to adults who have experiences in commercial sex, 以及相关的剥削, trafficking, and prostitution.
关于是否向立博体育登录报告的决定, law enforcement, both, or neither is a personal choice and is up to the victim at their discretion. Any individual who experiences sexual violence (包括性侵犯, dating violence, 家庭暴力, stalking, and/或者性骚扰) has the right to pursue a criminal complaint with local police. 马萨诸塞湾校园警察 can assist with contacting the local police to file a criminal complaint. Individuals can contact Campus Police directly at 781-239-2222.
Reporting information to the College is a personal decision and often a difficult one. An individual who has experienced any form of sexual violence, regardless of where and when it occurs should know that the College is here and can walk you through different resources and options. As you consider the decision whether to report, please be reminded of the following:
- 您可以选择是否要提交 正式的书面投诉. However you do not need to submit a 正式的书面投诉 as a first step. 相反，你可以和学院的 第九条协调员 以获取有关该过程的更多信息.
- Reporting something that happened does not necessarily mean an investigation will occur. If an investigation does begin, you get to decide how much to participate in that investigation.
- You decide whether you will report the incident to the College, law enforcement, 机密资源, all, or none.
- An individual who reports sexual violence will not “get into trouble” or be subject to disciplinary action for being under the influence of alcohol or other drugs at the time of the incident, 只要它们的使用不会对他人造成伤害. This is the College’s Amnesty Policy and is outlined in the College’s 申诉程序.
- 你可以匿名举报. However, it may impact the College’s ability to respond to the information in the report or investigate to the fullest extent possible. Regardless, an anonymous report does inform the College with information about incidents of sexual violence and its occurrence within our community.
- 一旦学院收到信息, we will take all steps and measures necessary to protect you. We recognize that sometimes people do not want to report out of fear of retaliation. 请知道，任何形式的报复, towards anyone, is strictly prohibited and has no place within our community.
- 你可以决定在任何时候报告. 如果你还在纠结这个决定, 机密资源 are a great way to explore options and get more information.